Take Two! CARES Act Tax Planning Opportunities with Stephanie Long
Time & Location
About the Event
TWO More Chances to Attend LIVE with Stephanie!
In Partnership with Your Castle!
(Anyone can register)
Tuesday, August 4, 12:00 - 1:00 PM MDT
(11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT; 2:00 - 3:00 PM EDT)
In Partnership with The Dames!
(Sorry fellas - This is a ladies only group.*)
Next Level Skills Training
Wednesday, August 5, 1:00 - 2:00 PM MDT
(12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PDT; 3:00 - 4:00 PM EDT)
*To learn more about joining The Dames, please click HERE.
In this informative presentation, Stephanie will address the following changes:
- Net Operating Losses created by newly created additional depreciation and other increased expenses and decreased income can be applied back up to five years. For certain Corporations and Individuals, this may allow losses to be used to offset income that was taxed at a higher rate in prior years. Refunds of prior taxes paid can now be obtained for a fast cash grab.
- Also included in the Act is a provision that affects how Qualified Improvement Property (QIP) of commercial buildings can be depreciated. New provisions allow bonus depreciation for commercial buildings allowing a much bigger tax deduction.
- IRA/retirement plans - Coronavirus-related relief with special distribution options and rollover options for IRA’s and retirement plans.
- Roth IRA conversions - Discussion about why NOW may be the best time to do a ROTH IRA conversion.
- PPP Loans: forgiveness and taxation - How do you apply for loan forgiveness and what are the tax consequences of receiving a PPP loan?
*Some new programs are so individualized, it may not be possible to answer all questions during the webinar. We recommend you submit your questions in advance to increase the likelihood it can be integrated into the webinar’s content.